Sunday, June 13, 2010

Billy Goat Cafe: Dead


I know it's been a couple of months, but I consider it worth my while to note the closing of one of the better coffee spots east of Nashville: Billy Goat Coffee.

Providence Marketplace is a pretty neat shopping center. A Best Buy, a Books a Million, an excellent Hot Dog place called "Cori's Dog House,"

Billy Goat is the only place I was aware of that offered White Coffee, where the bean is roasted only the yellow level. I never got the chance to try it, but it was a specialty.

It was a small place, but it had all the trappings of a proper coffee shop: wifi, a wide selection of espresso, brewed drinks, and teas, nice baked goods, and elitist snobs behind the counter.

I call them snobs, but in their own way, they were pretty friendly. One time, I came in with a lunch I purchased, and they didn't mind my eating there, as I purchased a drink.

This was a nice place, and there's still Taylormade Cafe up Mount Juliet Road, but Mt. Juliet has lost a small treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment