Friday, July 23, 2010

The Perch is the Best

The Perch
117 Franklin Rd
Brentwood, TN 37027
(615) 661-9008

Almost all that be said is "Wow!"

Just wow.  It's not too often that you're just blown away by a cup of coffee but the Perch does just that.


Anyone who knows me knows that I prefer a mild brew.  This not only has a mild flavor, but it is the smoothest coffee I've ever had.  I'm used to the usual group of local brews, but Perch uses Leopard Forest Beans, which claims the "sustainable" and "shade-grown," which is supposed to make some people feel less guilty about destroying rain forests, or wages for people in far-off countries, but I have my own life to consider.  Nonetheless, this was an excellent brew.


They also offer crepes, and the one I ordered was very good, too.  But the other major benefit to the store is the staff.  I ran into three different employees during my short time there, and all of them really made me feel at home.  The young man who took my order was extremely friendly and informative; the girl making my crepe was about as sweet as anyone I've ever met.  And the manager-type person who came by later on was quiet but greeted me and made me feel welcome, too.


I love this place now, and I am deeply upset that this is fifteen miles away from where I live, because I would love to go there on a weekly basis.  Nonetheless, if you're in the Old Hickory Blvd. (south side) area Brentwood, this is an awesome place to go.  Great coffee, great service, tasty crepes.

No comments:

Post a Comment