Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Hidden Diamond: Roast, Inc.


Roast, Inc.
4825 Trousdale Pk., Suite 211
Nashville, TN 37220
(615) 730-8074

Among Nashville coffee shops, there had been a huge gap, and most people didn't even know it. Almost every shop and cafe, as good as they were, offered nothing blends. As good as blends are, they are extremely uniform.

I heard of Roast, Inc., and being the adventurous type that I am, I tracked it down, and it was well worth it. First, they let me in and served me even before they were officially opened. I looked in, and they waved me right in. They showed me their single cup roasts, they taught me about new roasts and letting roasted beans sit for a day, they let me sample a couple of their coffees, and they were a pleasure to spend time with.

They are the first place I know to have cupping events, which is a lot of fun, and definitely a learning experience. they have expanded to work several of the local Farmer's Markets, like the South Nashville Farmer's Market and Franklin Farmer's Market.

Roast, Inc., also focuses on Cup of Excellence coffees, which finds the best coffees throughout the world, via jury selection, and then sells them via auction. These sing cup roasts are absolutely the cream of the crop.

If I sound like a advertisement for Roast, Inc., it's because the place is so different, and such a great experience that literally almost can think of nothing bad to say about them. They have erred on an order slightly, which I didn't push because they had been so generous and helpful. Beyond that, I have nothing negative to say.

Roast, Inc., is a bit tricky to find. Hit Harding Pike east from I-65. Turn right on Trousdale Pike. Follow about a quarter-mile to until you see a little strip mall in a box shape. Roast, Inc. is in the right corner.

This is the coffee shop to visit when you're in the S. Nashville area.

No comments:

Post a Comment